With chili, corn, lime, cilantro and avocado, this recipe is a delight for the senses. Quinoa provides an alkalizing complete protein and crunchy texture.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- (2) 15 oz cans black beans, drained
- (2) 15 oz cans fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained well
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced well (optional)
1) Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2) Stir in quinoa, broth, beans, tomatoes, corn and spices. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
3) Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Top each serving with chopped avocado and enjoy.