So easy and delicious, this superfood pudding is a staple in my home. I feel it’s an ideal breakfast, providing the high quality protein and healthy fats for sustained energy, to start your day right. But it doesn’t end there – it also contains lots of fiber and is prebiotic, (feeds your probiotics). And if you’re sweet on ice cream, it’s quite satisfying as a healthy substitute.
- (1) 15 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chia and/ or flax seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup pitted dates OR 3 Tbsp raw organic blue agave, maple syrup or honey
- 10 drops liquid stevia (pressed from fresh leaves), OR a very small pinch of stevia powder to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries or fruit in season
1) Place the chia seeds and water into wide mouth jar and let set till seeds have absorbed the water, about 2 minutes, but before it becomes hard. This begins the sprouting process, making the nutrients more bioavailable.
2) Stir in coconut milk, then rest of ingredients.
3) An immersion blender works wonderfully, but you can also use a regular blender to blend to desired consistency, about 30 seconds. Or even just stir rather than blending, but be sure to chew well to reap all the wonderful benefits.
4) Garnish with raspberries or seasonal fruit to top when serving.
Will keep 1 week refrigerated.
Note: I add unsweetened almond milk to thin and extend it, as it sits and gets thicker.
Variations: Stir in cacoa or swirl on homemade healthy chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.