This 30 minute classic soup recipe is perfect for the crisp weather of autumn.Being vegetarian and full of wonderful nutrition doesn’t compromise its warming creaminess and complex tastes.
2 tablespoons olive, coconut or avocado oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 Tbsp curry powder or 1 ½ Tbsp red curry paste
¾ tsp celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp fresh grated ginger or ¼ tsp dried and ground
¼ tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne, optional
2 cups vegetable broth or bone broth
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (about 2 cups) or home roasted
1 bunch swiss chard, chopped and stems separated
A pinch of stevia powder or 7 drops Stevia brand liquid stevia
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 can full fat coconut milk
¼ cup chopped cilantro, optional
- Saute onion in oil over medium low heat, 4 minutes.
- Add celery, swiss chard stems and ginger sauteing for 4 more minutes, or till onions are translucent.
- Add all spices and stir while cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, pumpkin puree, and swiss chard leaves. Cook for another 6 minutes.
- Add stevia, maple syrup and coconut milk. Heat and serve with cilantro sprinkled on top.
Natural Health & Wellness Coach