Detox and Reset
Guiding you to a vibrant life
Post Holiday Detox and Reset
The holidays are a cherished time to let ourselves celebrate with abandon. Unfortunately, over indulging in holiday foods, alcohol, late nights, (and the inevitable stress) eventually catches up with us.
One benefit to occasional splurging is that the ensuing brain fog, bloating, cravings, and general slump remind us of how important our healthy practices are, for our overall well-being.
The good news is that our bodies are quite resilient and self-healing, especially so, when given proper support. To fully rebound we don’t need to resort to an extreme diet or punish ourselves with ridiculous amounts of exercise.
Here are some proven and practical tips to help you
bounce back and feel better than ever
1) Decide that you are worth it and realize that you do indeed have the ability to do what it takes. Set your intention, and review it each day. Stay inspired with positive people, thoughts and inspiring media. Journal or process with a friend as to what might be holding you back. Look for another post on this important subject, coming soon.
2) Pure Water is the most important element in cleansing. Our cells can’t cleanse without adequate hydration. Research has shown that most people are at least mildly dehydrated. Tap water has a positive ion charge which is oxidizing, (aging). Structured water, such as mountain spring water, is negatively ion charged, (antioxidant), which is anti- inflammatory, alkalizing, cleansing and anti-aging. It is better absorbed by the cells, to enable hydration and cleansing.
Contact me if you’d like to know how to get pure, structured water inexpensively without having to go to a mountain spring every couple days. I have a page dedicated to structured water with even more information
3) Amplify the benefits of Water by adding fresh or natural, preservative free lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, and unrefined stevia. I recommend Stevita brand. All are alkalizing, anti-inflammatory and cleansing.
4) Exercise and Stretching gets all your systems moving and helps all the organs of elimination do their job – lungs, liver, kidneys, skin and intestines. Exercise also facilitates better sleep. Deep breathing during exercise helps eliminate toxins through the lungs.
5) Move your lymph to clear out metabolic wastes and toxins. This can be done through inversions, bouncing, exercise and lymph massage. Here is a link to my lymph massage video on Youtube.
6) Quality Rest is essential to heal and rejuvenate the body and mind. Eliminate or decrease caffeine. Stay away from screens for at least an hour before bed. Practice deep relaxation laying on the floor with eyes covered by a cloth in a warm quiet space. Visualize being in a place you find peaceful and relaxing. Studies have proven that ten minutes of a quiet mind and deeply relaxed body is worth two hours of sleep. Learn stress management techniques: Deep breathing eliminates toxins through the lungs and stimulates the parasympathic relaxation response.
7) Eat light, easy to digest foods. Our gut is the center of our health. Include digestive enzymes either in the form of a supplement or foods such as papaya, pineapple, kiwi and figs. Contact me for a free food biosurvey that communicates your body’s top foods to optimize health and foods to avoid.
8) Fresh Fruits and Veggies are very hydrating and contain the antioxidants and phytonutrients that enable your body to cleanse itself. Include a small amount of probiotic foods each day, such as kefir or fermented veggies. They are cleansing and help re-establish the microbiome (good bacteria) of the gut.
9) Soups, especially with bone broth, lentils or split peas and lots of in season veggies, are cleansing and healing to the gut. Add garlic, parsley, cayenne and turmeric for even greater cleansing and rebuilding benefits.
10) Supplements such as fiber can help scrub the colon and absorb toxins. Fulvic acid can replenish minerals, fight pathogens and parasites and reset the gut, reducing inflammation that causes leaky gut to release toxins into the bloodstream. Digestive enzymes help you assimilate your food. What isn’t assimilated becomes toxic acidic waste, aka- inflammation and oxidation.
11) Sprouts are highly assimilable, high protein, nutrient packed food. I love the crunchy blend of lentils, peas and mung available in the produce section of grocery stores. I stir in my homemade chipotle aioli of mayonnaise and chipotle powder and serve on toast, crackers or rice cakes for a delicious, nutrition packed, complete meal, or satisfying snack. See my recipe blog for easy, yummy aioli recipes.
Don’t Be Discouraged
If you get cold and/or flu symptoms. This is called a Herxheimer effect or healing crisis, which is how your body cleanses itself quickly. If this happens, just rest, eat veggie soup, and assist your organs of elimination in the ways mentioned above. You should feel renewed and energized in just 1 – 3 days.
I use a frequency device, called an Ampcoil™ to alleviate these symptoms, with a 17 minute program. You can learn more at Ampcoil.com or contact me for more information.
We all need support to develop healthier habits and to deal with our subconscious thought patterns blocking us from our full potential for well-being and happiness.
Call for a free 10 minute consultation to discuss if health or life coaching with Natural Health Asheville is a good fit for you.
Don’t Wait Any Longer. Start Your Path to Vibrant Health Today!
Hear From Cindy's Clients
Lauri B, Asheville NC
I noticed I was sensitive to EMFs when I moved to an apartment complex with many smart meters in close proximity. I could actually see the energy waves in my living room around sunrise each morning, and I had difficulty remaining asleep throughout the night. Cindy recommended a Living Design Technology Harmonizer necklace, four 3 inch Harmonizers in each corner of my bedroom, and another 3 inch Harmonizer between the internet modem and router. My sleep has improved and the energy waves are no longer visible to me. I'm happy with the results that the LTD harmonizers have provided in protecting me from the harmful effects of EMF radiation.
R.F. -Burnsville, NC
All energies are not created equal. I am highly sensitive to all the disruptive EMFs, but the energies that lovingly caress me while in Cindy's office leave me feeling balanced and nurtured.
LG, Licensed Acupuncturist
The difference is absolutely remarkable. In the past 20 days, I have experienced a markedly increased sense of wellbeing and noticeably higher energy level....Thank you for the important work you do, and for helping me have the energy to do the work that I do!
Eddie B. - Asheville, NC
I am so glad I found this place, I would highly recommend. Cindy was very nice and knowledgeable. I feel so much better thank you!
Alexis Gault - Asheville, NC
Cindy's knowledge and compassion combine to make her an extraordinary healer. She's helped me with physical and mental health issues, and continues to be an amazing resource as I progress on my healing journey. She's knowledgeable on nutrition, herbs, Yoga, and so many more modalities I've only begun to explore.
Heidi Berkovitz - Asheville, NC
Cindy Graham is an empathetic, caring, passionate, and fascinating natural health practitioner. She practices a variety of modalities, from herbalism, muscle testing, Iridology, dietary and lifestyle counseling, and an assortment of high tech healing devices. Not only that but she makes you feel safe and cared for. I highly recommend Cindy.