For the best of delicious, healthy, seasonal eating try this festive kale salad recipe. With cranberries, apples and bright green kale, it’s as pretty as it tastes!
Makes 4 servings
1 bunch kale, destemmed
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
⅓ cup dried cranberries
1 apple, diced
2 1/2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 drops Stevita stevia
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
(toasted for 5 minutes in the oven or skillet)
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage, for garnish
1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- Chop the kale into 1/4 inch strips and place in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle the salt and lemon juice through the kale while stirring it.
- Massage and scrunch the lemon juice and salt into the leaves for approximately 45 seconds.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Natural Health & Wellness Coach